as i was thinking about thanksgiving & everything that i am truly thankful for i came across this post over at the shine project & that is my inspiration for this post. i love how these questions really prompted me to think of all the things that i am thankful for this year- all that God has done in my life. so here are 15 questions to prompt your gratitude.
1. Who do I appreciate? God. my family. the people who sacrifice their life for my freedom.
2. How am I fortunate? i have everything i could ever ask for & everything that i could ever need. God has blessed me with an amazing marriage & husband- i feel so fortunate for this almost more than anything else in my life.
3. What material possessions am I thankful for? our beautiful house & my camera :
4. What abilities do I have that I’m grateful for? that i am have discovered the different ways God has blessed me with a creative mind & compassion for people around me.
5. What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for? i love california. it is such a beautiful place to live. the weather is phenomenal- especially compared to connecticut where i i grew up. i couldn’t be happier to be living in “paradise”
6. What experiences have I had that I am grateful for? giving birth & becoming a mom- all of this bundled up into one has been the hardest thing i have ever gone through, but no one experience has ever made me more aware of God’s presence & greatness than having a little tiny human grow inside of me & watch grow & unfold before my eyes. i am so thankful for the opportunity to be a mom & see God’s amazing hand through my son.
7. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for? God’s provision in my life this year is so evident. He has lead us to so many new paths & has been there for us every step of the way. God is always good.
8. What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for? the opportunity to be a mom has been one of my greatest joys this year. i am so blessed.
9. What have others in my life done that I am thankful for? people who have prayed for me. who have really reached out to God in my behalf & my families- prayer works miracles.
10. What have others done that I am benefiting from in my life (even if I don’t know who those people are)? i think about my husband & how hard he works so that i can stay at home with my son. sometimes i take this for granted, but i am so blessed to be able to not miss seeing my son grow up & raise him. my husband has sacrificed himself & works so hard to make this a reality- he is my hero & i love him so much :)
11. What relationships am I thankful for? God. i have no idea where i would be with out my relationship with Him. He is the only one that is always there for me & the only one i find complete comfort in- Thank you God for a personal relationship.
12. What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for? health. everyone around me is healthy & i take that for granted. my parents, justins parents, all of our families God have been blessed as of now with great health & i am so thankful.
13. What is there about the challenges/difficulties I have experienced (or am currently experiencing) that I can be thankful for? (e.g., What have I learned? How have I grown?)that they teach me to rely on God & realize that i can not control everything & even though times can be hard it is all a learning process.
14. What is different today than it was a year ago that I’m thankful for? so many things are different,but i am thankful to be at a better place than a year ago. i feel more alive & myself than i did a year ago just having my son & i am thankful.
15. What insights have I gained that I am grateful for? there are so many, but this year i feel like God has really taught me that this life is not about ME. it is about serving others & genuinely loving people around you in the little ways.
happy thanksgiving to you & your family. i hope today is a day that you can look back & cherish. i know that i am thankful for today & all the people that i am surrounded with this thanksgiving. with love,